Senior Backend Engineer, PHP/Symfony (f/m/d)
As we continue to prepare for significant growth, we found it critical to bring in a Senior Backend Engineer to
help us make sure we grow the right way. We're in the process of
finalizing our re-platforming to a new, long-term solution based on
Sylius as e-commerce domain implementation and Pimcore as operational
management suite and we need to continue growing this platform in a
secure, high-performance and high-availability fashion.
The role is very hands-on, reporting directly to the Backend Team Lead and indirectly to the Chief Technical Officer.
- Write efficient, reliable code and set an example for the rest of the development team
- Organize and participate in code reviews
- Help ensure that we are maintaining a good, relevant coverage of tests
- Coach more junior members of the Backend team by advising them on high-quality best practices and standards
- Participate in improving the long-term architecture of our platform and connected products (3rd party or self-managed)
- Set up and follow through on proof of concepts with the Product, Frontend and Infrastructure teams, as needed
- 5+ years of technical development experience with PHP, preferably using Symfony as framework
- Strong experience with REST Web Service Architecture and database design; GraphQL a major plus
- Experience in Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment (Gitlab CI/Travis etc.) and DevOps culture
- Worked as part of cross-functional teams on Agile-driven products using either Scrum, Kanban, or combinations thereof
- Experience with client-based technologies (vue.js or React as frameworks and PWA as results) a plus
- Flexibility, independence and a positive, can-do attitude
- Strong team spirit, transparent communication (radical candor) and self-management
- Quest for constant learning (new technologies)
- Passion for the Digital space
Fluency in English required, German language knowledge a plus
Our Technical Stack: PHP 7.4+ (Symfony 4/5), Kafka, MySQL, Redis, Docker/Kubernetes/Terraform, Gitlab/CI, FusionAuth + vue.js on the front-end.
- Complete autonomy within a continuously improving, supportive environment
- Long-term (post-Corona) remote-ready role
We live diversity and equal opportunities. In our teams we
welcome every applicant, regardless of gender, ethnic origin, religion,
age, sexual identity, disability, or other grounds of discrimination.
Personal formulations in the job advertisement are to be considered