Backend Team Lead, PHP/Symfony (f/m/d)
In order to make sure the Backend Engineering competency of our
organization has the proper level of support for its own growth, we need
to make sure we bring a talented, motivated and experienced Backend Team Lead,
who will own the development of said competency. We've finalized our
re-platforming to a new, long-term solution based on Sylius as
e-commerce domain implementation and Pimcore as operational management
suite and we need to continue growing this platform in a secure,
high-performance and high-availability fashion.
The role is very hands-on, with an expected split of 80/20 contribution vs. management.
- Write efficient, reliable code and set an example for the rest of the development team
- Organize and participate in code reviews
- Ensure that we are maintaining a good, relevant coverage of tests
- Coach the Backend team by setting in place and following high-quality best practices and standards
- Work together with leads from the other teams to support them in their growth
- Own improvements in the long-term architecture of our platform and connected products (3rd party or self-managed)
- Set up and follow through on proof of concepts with the Product, Frontend and Infrastructure teams, as needed
- 5+ years of technical development experience with PHP, preferably using Symfony as framework
- Demonstrated experience in coaching and managing teams (working within chapters/guilds as competency a major plus)
- Strong experience with REST Web Service Architecture and database design; GraphQL a major plus
- Experience in Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment (Gitlab CI/Travis etc.) and DevOps culture (SRE exposure a major plus)
- Worked as part of cross-functional teams on Agile-driven products using either Scrum, Kanban, or combinations thereof
- Experience with client-based technologies (vue.js or React as frameworks and PWA as results) a plus
- Flexibility, independence and a positive, can-do attitude
- Strong team spirit (servant leadership), transparent communication (radical candor) and self-management
- Quest for constant learning (new technologies)
- Desire to help other people develop, either in their immediate circle, or outside of it
- Passion for the Digital space
Fluency in English required, German language knowledge a plus.
Our Technical Stack: PHP 7.4+ (Symfony 4/5), Kafka, MySQL, Redis, Docker/Kubernetes/Terraform, Gitlab/CI, FusionAuth + vue.js on the front-end.
- The opportunity to grow as a Technical Lead/Engineering Manager at your own pace
- Complete autonomy within a continuously improving, supportive environment
- Long-term (post-Corona) remote-capable role
We live diversity and equal opportunities. In our teams we
welcome every applicant, regardless of gender, ethnic origin, religion,
age, sexual identity, disability, or other grounds of discrimination.
Personal formulations in the job advertisement are to be considered