SRE / OpSec Team Lead
As we continue to prepare for significant growth and build our new platform, we are looking for an experienced SRE Lead to ensure the operational aspects of it are not left behind. The re-platforming phase to our new, long-term solution is almost finalized. You will come in and ensure its lasting security, high-performance and availability. In this position you will be hands-on, with an expected split of 80/20 contribution vs. management.
- Lead and coach the SRE/OpSec team by setting in place and following high-quality best practices and standards
- Work together with the other team leads to support them in their growth
- Participate in improving the long-term architecture of our platform and connected products (3rd party or self-managed)
- Create and manage the technical roadmap to an efficient and reliable infrastructure
- Organize pager duty protocols and ensure proper documentation and support exists for (and following) unexpected downtime
- Create and manage trusted KPI tracking and monitoring via dashboards and reports
- Set up and follow through on proof of concepts with the Product, Frontend and Backend teams, as needed
- 4+ years of technical experience with virtualization and orchestration suites (k8s, docker, terraform)
- Demonstrated experience in coaching and managing teams
- Strong experience implementing monitoring and tracking using tools like Prometheus and the ELK stack
- Experience implementing Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment processes (Gitlab CI/Travis etc.)
- Strong desire to help colleagues develop in DevOps and SRE topics
- Supported multifunctional teams in building Agile-driven products using either Scrum, Kanban, or combinations thereof
- Flexibility, independence and a positive can-do attitude
- Strong team spirit (servant leadership), transparent communication (radical candor), and self-management
- Quest for constant learning (new technologies)
- Passion for the Digital space
Fluency in English is required and German language knowledge is a plus.
- The opportunity to grow as a Technical Lead at your own pace
- Complete autonomy within a continuous improvement and a supportive environment
- Long-term (post-Corona) remote-capable role
We live diversity and equal opportunities. In our teams we welcome every applicant, regardless of gender, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual identity, disability, or other grounds of discrimination. Personal formulations in the job advertisement are to be considered gender-neutral.